Grav is a Flat File CMS making it a smart choice for smaller websites. The award winning CMS is OpenSource and all code is available in Github.
What’s the difference between a flat file CMS and a Database backed CMS? article that explains the difference.Explore and download Grav themes.
Review Grav Documentation
Join the Grav Community
Pros & Cons from ZipBoard
- Open source with easy backup/restore.
- Amazing media processing ability : You can crop,compress,add attributes to and resize any image with just single line twig code.
- Caching capability : All the media changes are automatically saved in the server cache, until you delete it.
- Own Package Manager : It makes experimenting with themes or skeletons quite easy. It also provides you with extended functionality in terms of free plugins(74),themes(33) & skeletons(21).
- Console tools with debugging capabilities.
- Multilingual support and version control
- Cannot handle projects with complex database requirements.
- User needs to learn how to use markdown.
- Manual modification & configuration is required for some features
Image Credit: https://getgrav.org/